All books published by Lund University Press (Lund UP) have gone through the following stages:
- Submission of the complete manuscript by the author/authors or editor/editors (henceforth ‘author’)
- Initial decision by the Director to take the submission to the Editorial Committee
- Decision by the Editorial Committee to send the manuscript to peer reviewers
- Favourable reports from peer reviewers and a satisfactory response on the part of the author to any concerns raised by peer reviewers
- Acceptance by the Editorial Committee
- Signing of contract with Lund UP
- Translation into English, or language editing of a manuscript in English
- Pre-press work, including copy-editing, of the finished English-language manuscript at Manchester University Press (Manchester UP)
- Consultation between author, Lund UP and Manchester UP on matters of layout, presentation, illustrations (including cover design) and marketing
- Production of the first digital file
- Simultaneous publication in print and Open Access on the OAPEN platform through Manchester UP
- Inclusion in Manchester UP’s catalogue and on its website, along with sales and marketing efforts based on a plan aligned with the Manchester UP list.
In addition, the process outlined above may have been preceded by a period of consultation between the author and both university presses on the basis of a proposal submitted by the author. Contracts are only awarded to completed manuscripts, but an author is welcome to contact Lund UP with a prospectus for a forthcoming book. If it looks interesting, the author will receive feedback both from Lund UP and from Manchester UP.